Monday, January 16, 2017

Milestones with my bestfriend

Its quite hard on a person to be separated from their bestfriend...

I find myself in that situation quite often with my bestfriend Julia!

Julia and I met while we were both working at Bell.
Can I say it was love at first sight?

Julia and I hit it off over a Red Robin Crispy Chicken Salad and Freckled Lemonade!

From that moment, memories were made...

It was a crazy first year together as friends...we did so much!
Thank goodness Julia was such a shutter bug.
Quite a majority of it was documented.

Our friendship was mostly with Julia far far away.
About a year after we became amazing bffs, she moved away to London for school.
Of course finishing school didn't mean she'd come back home.
Nope, she spent a few more years in Europe working.
I managed to visit her once. Talk about an amazing European vacation with my bff!

She did manage to come back home, but it was short lived.
She moved off to Ottawa...and has been there since.

I'm lucky she comes back to visit annually.
I try to visit her, but she's the major traveler of the two.
If you only documented her carbon footprint...hehehe

I keep hoping that she would move back to Vancouver while our kids are young...but of course the real estate is not helping...neither is our government :(

Anyways, milestones...

Being apart never stopped us from sharing many milestones together.

6 months after I got together with Richard, Julia got together with Toby
Just over 6 months after I got engaged, Julia got engaged

Our Stagettes were in Vancouver

2012 was the year we got married
.....We had to travel to each other's wedding
.....We were part of each others wedding party

2013 was the year we became mothers to boys

2016 we multiplied our family with another child, a daughter for her and another son for me

I wonder what the future holds and what other memories and milestones we'll share

Love you lots babe!


No comments: